Frequently Asked Questions
Everything You Need to Know About Staying at The Piccolo
Travel is full of new experiences, and we know that can spark some uncertainty along the way. At The Piccolo, our highest pursuit is your peace of mind. Below, you'll find everything you need to know about your upcoming stay at our boutique hotel in Downtown Paso Robles.
Can't find what you're looking for? Don't hesitate to contact us directly with your questions or concerns—we're happy to help make sure your stay hits all the right notes.
- When is the hotel opening? Paso Robles' newest boutique hotel is now officially open! Click here to book now and be among the first to experience The Piccolo.
- Can I leave my luggage at Reception? Yes, we are happy to offer luggage storage to our guests.
- What concierge services are available? Our attentive team at The Piccolo is here to help you experience the best of Paso Robles. We're happy to assist in making dinner reservations, booking wine tastings, scheduling transportation, storing your luggage, etc.
- Do you allow smoking on property, or in the rooms? No, no smoking or vaping is permitted anywhere at the hotel. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Are dogs allowed at The Piccolo? Yes, for an additional nightly fee we are happy to offer a selection of dog-friendly rooms for your canine travel companion. Please contact the Concierge directly to reserve a dog-friendly room.
- Are dogs allowed at Tetto, the rooftop bar? No, the rooftop bar is not dog-friendly. Only certified service animals trained to assist an individual with a disability are permitted on the rooftop. Leashed dogs are welcome in designated areas of the hotel, including the Courtyard, dog-friendly guestrooms, and the gardens at the Paso Robles Inn. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
- Do you provide complimentary Wi-Fi? For all of your business and social media needs, we're proud to offer Fiber Internet, the fastest Wi-Fi available, at no additional cost.
- Does The Piccolo feature on-site dining options? Both Tetto and The Piper offer signature sandwiches and charcuterie boards. For heartier fare, we recommend The Steakhouse, located adjacent to The Piccolo inside our sister hotel at the historic Paso Robles Inn.
- Is breakfast included with my reservation? Yes, please enjoy complimentary light breakfast fare next door at The Steakhouse each morning during your stay.
- Is room service available? No.
- Is there an elevator at the hotel? Yes.
- Where can I store my newly purchased Paso Robles wines? We know what the priorities are when visiting wine country, so we're proud to offer in-room wine fridges in addition to wine storage lockers in The Piper for our guests.
- How do I access the pool and jacuzzi? Guests of The Piccolo enjoy access to the pool at the Paso Robles Inn. In accordance with the new policies mandated by local and state authorities, the pool has limited occupancy restrictions in place and reservations are required. Reservations can be made with the Concierge. Drop-in hours will be available if occupancy levels aren’t met. Pool attendants will be regularly sanitizing high touch areas. To encourage social distancing on the pool deck, lounge chairs will be spaced six feet apart. Jacuzzi will remain closed until further notice. We appreciate your patience and respect as we do our best to navigate the new requirements.
- Are Tetto and The Piper open to the public? Absolutely, we love our locals! The public is invited and encouraged to enjoy our wine lounge, The Piper, and rooftop bar, Tetto, alongside our guests.
- Does The Piccolo accept donation requests? No, The Piccolo does not participate in Martin Resorts' donation requests program.
- Do The Piccolo, Tetto, and Piper accept Martin Resorts gift cards? Yes, Martin Resorts gift cards are available for purchase and valid for use on accommodations, dining, and other on-property features at The Piccolo.
- What is check-in/check-out time? Check-in begins at 4 PM daily. To check-out, please visit us at the Concierge Desk or leave your keys in the room by 12 PM.
- Is early check-in available? Early check-in may be requested, but not guaranteed. Please call the day of your arrival so we may see if early check-in is available.
- How do I access my mobile key? Guests of The Piccolo enjoy state-of-the-art guestroom access via mobile key! Click here to download the OpenKey app prior to your stay, and request your mobile key at check-in. Once you receive your welcome text message, simply verify your phone number through the app and download your key. It’s as simple as that!
- What if I arrive later than 11 PM? Check-in at The Piccolo ends at 11 PM. After-hours check-in is available just next door at the Paso Robles Inn (1103 Spring Street) where 24-hour staff is available to assist you with check-in. If you plan to arrive after hours, please contact us directly prior to your arrival and we will provide you with check-in instructions.
- Is late check-out available? Late check-outs may be requested, but not guaranteed. Late check-out is based on availability and extra fees may apply. Please contact the Concierge directly to request a late check-out.
- What is your cancellation policy? All reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours before arrival date to avoid penalty. Cancellations made within 48 hours of arrival will be charged the first night's room and tax upon cancellation. All cancellation fees are waived for arrivals affected by COVID-19.
- What is your incidental hold policy? Upon check-in, we will place a hold on your card in the amount of room and tax plus $100, in case of any incidental charges. If a debit card is used, the authorization will appear as an actual charge and the remaining funds will be refunded at check out. The refund can take up to 7 business days to process.
- Is breakfast included with my reservation? Yes, guests enjoy daily complimentary light breakfast fare at The Steakhouse located next door.
- Do you have accessible rooms? Yes, our accessible guestrooms are outfitted with ADA compliant features including a roll-in shower, doorbell with flashing light, lowered peephole, and desk-level electrical outlets. For more information on available accessible amenities and features at The Piccolo, please call the Concierge directly.
- Does the hotel offer connecting rooms? No, but The Somm Suite offers two separate rooms with plenty of space for 2-4 people.
- Does The Piccolo provide Pack & Plays? Yes, we do. Please contact the hotel directly prior to your arrival to request a Pack & Play in your room.
- Are rollaway beds available? No, rollaway beds are not available due to the intimate dimensions of our Luxury King hotel rooms.
- How will the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact my stay at a Martin Resorts hotel? As our guest, your health and safety come first. We are taking proactive measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and guests by instituting enhanced disinfection protocols. For further details on our response to the Coronavirus, click here.
- Do you have on-site parking? How much does it cost? Guests of The Piccolo enjoy complimentary downtown parking next door at our sister hotel, the Paso Robles Inn. For our eco-friendly guests, we're proud to offer Tesla electric car charging stations at no additional cost.
- How do I get to the hotel? Nestled in the heart of Downtown Paso Robles, The Piccolo is easily accessible from Highway 101. From the South, take the exit for Spring Street. From the North, take the exit for 17th Street. Click here for more details and directions.
- Where is the nearest airport? The Piccolo is approximately 30 miles from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport with daily flights operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, and United. There is no commercial airline service to Paso Robles, however, the Paso Robles Municipal Airport is equipped for private services.