Frequently Asked Questions
Everything You Need to Know About Staying at The Piccolo
Travel is full of new experiences, and we know that can spark some uncertainty along the way. At The Piccolo, our highest pursuit is your peace of mind. Below, you'll find everything you need to know about your upcoming stay at our boutique hotel in Downtown Paso Robles.
Can't find what you're looking for? Don't hesitate to contact us directly with your questions or concerns—we're happy to help make sure your stay hits all the right notes.
- What is check-in/check-out time? Check-in begins at 4 PM daily. To check-out, please visit us at the Concierge Desk or leave your keys in the room by 12 PM.
- Is early check-in available? Early check-in may be requested, but not guaranteed. Please call the day of your arrival so we may see if early check-in is available.
- Is late check-out available? Late check-outs may be requested, but not guaranteed. Late check-out is based on availability and extra fees may apply. Please contact the Concierge directly to request a late check-out.
- Can I leave my luggage at Reception? Yes, we are happy to offer luggage storage to our guests.
- What concierge services are available? Our attentive team at The Piccolo is here to help you experience the best of Paso Robles. We're happy to assist in making dinner reservations, booking wine tastings, scheduling transportation, storing your luggage, etc.
- Do you allow smoking on property, or in the rooms? No, no smoking or vaping is permitted anywhere at the hotel. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Are dogs allowed at The Piccolo? Yes, for an additional nightly fee we are happy to offer a selection of dog-friendly rooms for your canine travel companion. Please contact the Concierge directly to reserve a dog-friendly room.
- Do you provide complimentary Wi-Fi? For all of your business and social media needs, we're proud to offer Fiber Internet, the fastest Wi-Fi available, at no additional cost.
- Does The Piccolo feature on-site dining options? Our rooftop bar, Tetto, features limited food service. For heartier fare, we recommend The Steakhouse, located adjacent to The Piccolo inside our sister hotel at the historic Paso Robles Inn.
- Is room service available? No.
- Is there an elevator at the hotel? Yes.
- Where can I store my newly purchased Paso Robles wines? We know what the priorities are when visiting wine country, so we're proud to offer in-room wine fridges in addition to wine storage lockers in The Piper for our guests.
- How do I access the pool and jacuzzi? You can use your Piccolo room key to access the heated pool and jacuzzi from 8 AM to 10 PM at our sister hotel, the Paso Robles Inn, located just behind the Courtyard. For your convenience, pool towels are located at the pool.
- Do you have to be a hotel guest to visit The Piper or Tetto? No, we love our locals! The public is invited and encouraged to enjoy our wine lounge, The Piper, and rooftop bar, Tetto, alongside our guests.
- What is your cancellation policy? All reservations must be canceled within 72 hours of arrival to avoid penalty. The cancellation penalty is equivalent to the first night's stay.
- What is your incidental hold policy? Upon check-in, we will place a hold on your card in the amount of room and tax plus $100, in case of any incidental charges. If a debit card is used, the authorization will appear as an actual charge and the remaining funds will be refunded at check out. The refund can take up to 7 business days to process.
- Is breakfast included with my reservation? Please enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, local pastries, and fresh fruit in The Library each morning during your stay.
- Do you have accessible rooms? Yes, our accessible guestrooms are outfitted with ADA compliant features including a roll-in shower, doorbell with flashing light, lowered peephole, and desk-level electrical outlets. For more information on available accessible amenities and features at The Piccolo, please call the Concierge directly.
- Does the hotel offer connecting rooms? No, but The Somm Suite offers two separate rooms with plenty of space for 2-4 people.
- Does The Piccolo provide Pack & Plays? Yes, we do. Please contact the hotel directly prior to your arrival to request a Pack & Play in your room.
- Are rollaway beds available? No, rollaway beds are not available due to the intimate dimensions of our Luxury King hotel rooms.
- Do you have on-site parking? How much does it cost? Guests of The Piccolo enjoy complimentary downtown parking next door at our sister hotel, the Paso Robles Inn. Valet service is available for an additional fee. For our eco-friendly guests, we're proud to offer Tesla electric car charging stations at no additional cost.
- How do I get to the hotel? Nestled in the heart of Downtown Paso Robles, The Piccolo is easily accessible from Highway 101. From the South, take the exit for Spring Street. From the North, take the exit for 17th Street. Click here for more details and directions.
- Where is the nearest airport? The Piccolo is approximately 30 miles from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport with daily flights operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, and United. There is no commercial airline service to Paso Robles, however, the Paso Robles Municipal Airport is equipped for private services.